Saturday, February 9, 2013

Neopaganism


I have been very interested in neopaganism, not as something I want to become, but from a nerdy perspective. I have always loved learning about ancient cultures, and that includes their religions. Neopaganism isn't exactly the same thing, but it does share characteristics such as a strong connection to earth and nature. While that is not my style, I do admire neopagans for their dedication to the earth. I also found their history very interesting. I never knew that it stretched back to the Enlightenment and 18th Century Romanticism. That kind of surprised me, as I had thought initially that neopaganism was a more recent thing. Overall, I find their way of life very interesting and would like to learn more.

1 comment:

  1. I've always been interested in neo-paganism and the different gods they worship. The pagan religion is the basis for many holidays such as Halloween and our Christmas falls near their winter solstice. I've always found how their religious holidays have been twisted into what they are today. One thing I think is funny is their day of remembering the dead, and being scared of it, turned into us dressing up as ghosts and going door to door for candy.

    ReplyDelete