Thursday, February 28, 2013

Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster

http://www.venganza.org/about/

The Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster, also known as Pastafarianism is not a real religion. Much like Jediism, it is a pseudo-religion because it has no cohesive dogma or doctrine, which is the very first of the 7 dimensions of religion. Additionally, despite the claims that the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not a parody religion, I truly cannot see it as real and true. Still, I can appreciate it as a parody religion. The idea that there is a giant lump of noodles up in a heaven, directing our lives and the entire universe, seems a bit ridiculous.At the same time, it makes me look twice at my own religion, which says something very similar. Though I can appreciate that aspect of the religion though, it did not shake my faith in my own religion and ultimately changed nothing about my view of life. Any real religion challenges its followers to be better people, which is something Pastafarianism does not do.

No comments:

Post a Comment